The Liget Centre is located on Dózsa György Street, in the building of the former headquarters of the Hungarian Trade Union, facing Városliget Park. It is adjacent to the ING headquarters completed by Erick van Egeraat in 2004. Built in 1949 by the architect György Szrogh, the building is the last modernist public building in Budapest and was purchased by the client with the aim of refurbishing the building and creating new rental office space. During the design stage, the building was listed as a national monument, resulting in detailed discussions with the authorities to ensure that the original modernist qualities were respected. The complex consists of three elements: a long slender slab lifted from the ground that functions as the office wing, a connecting part with large interlinking spaces, also known as the neckpiece, and a floating solid block containing a 250-seat auditorium. The office wing has a newly glazed climate facade and raised floors to increase flexibility within the offices and accommodate new mechanical services. The neckpiece contains open-plan offices and reception functions. The refurbishment of the auditorium and the development of a new media plaza create a contemporary environment fully equipped for 21st century information exchange technology, within a rejuvenated modernist monument.